Sunday 9 July 2017

Boxing Day

Well, sort of.



After spending yesterday celebrating my sister's 60th birthday, today it was time to get organised. I'm determined to start as I mean to go on with this build, so I've cleared a huge amount of space in my shed/workshop and have opened every box. Each box has been numbered and the contents recorded on a spreadsheet, even the location of the box has it's own column!

Grp has been safely wrapped and stored, the nosecone is suspended from the rafters in the workshop and the rear arches and front cycle wings are bedded down amongst the fiberglass in my loft. The branch manifold is hanging from the roof of the garage as are the front upper and lower wishbones. Even the walls are festooned with aluminium body panels (I figured they'd be much safer where I can't tread on them with my size elevens)!
Rear panel, out of harms way.
I hope the woodworm infested rafters can take the weight!


It feels like I'm actually well organised for a change 😆 and I'm not sure if that's quite me...

Anyway, my plan going forward is to spend an average of two days per week on the build, always weekdays whilst my wife is at work (don't want to rock the boat). The more I think about the task ahead, the more enormous it seems, but somehow instead of feeling worried about it, I'm actually really desperate to get stuck in. And that fellow builders/bloggers, is where my next post begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment