Saturday 5 August 2017

A visit from the boss

Not the most productive of days today as far as the build is concerned, but a good day none the less. Most of the morning consisted of a tiding up of the garage/workshop which had become a little chaotic.
Graham arrived after lunch and we spent most of the afternoon in the garage mulling over the jobs that had already been done, the jobs that needed completing and what was next on my agenda.



A google expert, Graham set about the task of fining a solution to my dilemma about the proximity of the handbrake cable to the brake pipe / fuel lines / loom. He came up with this from a series of pics he had taken on kit collection day. Jake had cut a small aluminium plate to cover the services - genius!

Here's my version:

...and viewed from the other side:


So while we pondered the sheer beauty of the Zero, we also offered up a few panels to see how it was all going to fit together.


I can't say that I'm looking forward to fitting the scuttle - I think this is one of the jobs I'm going to save and share with Graham on his next visit.
We are still undecided on the finish for the interior panels, but think we're going to go with carpet for the sides of the tunnel and use wrap for the tunnel tops, maybe like this.....


Over a few ciders that evening we wondered wistfully what it was actually going to feel like when the Zero build is complete, it's IVA'd and we can finally drive it. Seems a long way off yet and to be honest, I'm having too much fun to want it finished too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment